Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Frogs, snails, puppy dog tails, blue birds, and red balloons

Well, I feel like I'm coming out of hibernation...Joe and I have been sick with a nasty cold. It was even worse this time for me... because even though I checked with the pharmacist and called the doctor's office yesterday, I didn't feel good about taking medicine. One night...think it was Friday, I took a benadryl and then worried and prayed myself to sleep, and felt much better when I felt our little guy kicking me (and letting me know he was okay in there) in the middle of the night!

Well I am really bad about posting pictures (not like my friends) but will try to post one soon of my third trimester belly...less than 10 weeks to go (Lord-willing...give or take a week or two)! And we had a great trip to Louisiana over Thanksgiving we had a really good time visiting our families and got to see a few good friends while we were there too! And we both accomplished Joe's goal of eating A LOT and getting fat...well, I think we each gained a few pounds (which he can totally get away with and which I'm supposed to be doing anyway, right?)!

We're starting to get ready for the baby (it's really time!) and we got a crib last Saturday off Craigslist...pretty exciting! And we're getting ready to paint our new place and move this weekend! I can't wait to get in there and be settled, but there's oh so much to do in between...

I have been sooo indecisive about how we should decorate the baby's room. (Pregnancy seems to have made my indecisiveness 10x worse.) Over Thanksgiving I thought we had made a final decision...I found this super cute fabric and was going to make curtains and base the colors for the room off of it.

Then I kind of had to start rethinking it, because Joe wasn't too excited about a blue bird theme (in fact he'd let me do the curtains but that's it...no more blue birds)...I guess it's not the most masculine. To be honest though, I was starting to question it before that, because I found the cutest little puppy design on Anna Maria Horner's site and wanted to use it to make some wall art. And puppies and blue birds don't exactly go together...don't want it to turn into a hunting theme! Anyway the decision got even harder today when I started thinking about a red balloon theme.
I love the film Ballon rouge- if you've never seen it you should- it's wonderful...Joe and I watched it a while back and I was thinking about our little boy the whole time, wondering what he'll be like.



Well we shall see what becomes of the nursery (Any of my friends with amazing decorating sense, your suggestions/comments are most appreciated!) My little sister suggested combining the puppy and red balloon ideas...like doing a picture of the puppy following the silhouette of a toddler crawling with a balloon in one hand. Hmmm...enough dreaming and rambling- Good night!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

that fabric that you found is soo cute! But the doggy is, too...hard choice!

Unknown said...

YAY! you mentioned me =D btw, i love the blue birds, i see the tough choice you have to make

Acadian Accordion said...

I think the red balloon idea would be super cute. Maybe you should go with that!
:D