Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Shepherd's pouch...and Christmas gifts

Yesterday I listened to this video on Desiring God about what Christmas Day looked like in the Piper household as they raised their family. It gave me some really good ideas, and although I really, really like having a Christmas tree and don't plan on giving that up, I love the Shepherd's pouch idea and would like to start that as a tradition for our family.

Today there's another really good "Ask Pastor John" about keeping gift giving Christ-centered, especially with young kids. Good stuff...check it out! I've often thought about this and have heard different ideas- like 3 gifts for each child- one that's something needed & practical, one educational, and one fun gift that's something they want. Don't know if we'd ever stick to anything like that, but I guess it's never to early to start thinking about these things....

No comments: