Friday, November 14, 2008

Three Months from Today...



Is Valentine's Day...Valentine's Day???

In a normal year, with Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner, I would never be thinking about Valentine's Day now...but that just happens to be the day our baby boy is due!
So I'm almost 27 weeks, and here's a little baby update-

This week, your baby weighs about 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

He's also putting on more baby fat...and appears to be having quite a growth spurt as I haven't really put on weight in the last week or so, but my belly is definitely poking out more! It's funny all the comments and looks you get when you're pregnant- just yesterday some friends told me I was tiny and were worried if the baby was big enough, but the day before that someone told me my tummy had REALLY grown since the last time they had seen me (and I gently told her that the baby had grown), and then there was the fun comment that I had doubled in size in a week! Oh well, I guess that's just part of the whole pregnancy experience...

Here's a view of what's going on in there, so you can see he's really not bouncing around in a bubble like the little baby ticker shows!
Oh yeah, and about names- a lot of people are asking if we've decided on a name and what we're going to name him. Well we're pretty close, but not sure yet and are definitely going to keep the name a surprise. If you have a suggestion let us know...all those so far go down as a no- Jehoshaphat was our pastor's pick, and then there were the "cute" Valentine's Day suggestions... Cupid or Valentino. I don't think so :)

Well that's it's for now...I'll try to post some pictures of my growing bump soon!

1 comment:

Acadian Accordion said...

I think Donald for a boy...
or Smeraldina for a girl.
NO, wait!
Larry for a boy and Amanda for a girl!