Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas at our place...

Well, I know I'm late in posting these and Christmas '08 is already becoming a distant memory...but here are a few pictures from our Christmas Day. We had a really great time, cooking dinner and hosting friends. We all ate way too much, then finished off the afternoon playing our favorite card game, Dutch Blitz.

Here we are with our friend, Katie Redd- love that girl and her Carolina ways! She had to work at Starbucks in the morning- yes, they are open in Mill Valley on Christmas Day!- then came over to our place.

This is my friend from work, Lynn. She's from Malaysia and a really cool and sweet girl. She came early to help me cook and made the harvest pie (unfortunatley I don't have a pic)...my personal fave.



Our tree...the tree we got to decorate twice- once in our old place at Tichenor, then off came all the ornaments and we moved it over to Judson. We loved having a real tree...got it from Rite-Aid! It was sooo pretty, I was really sad to take it down.



Our half-way consumed turkey...prepared in my new roasting pan from Ikea!!!

Chocolate chess pie (there's a story behind this one, notice the drip down the side of the pie dish...we nearly spilled the whole thing trying to rotate the oven racks!), homemade mac & cheese, carrot souffle, and green bean cassarole...

The pecan pie is Joe's masterpiece (great job, babe!)... it came out so well! And so did this pic... courtesy of Lynn.

One more of the tree...

Well that's about it... I got a new camera for Christmas (just a small digital one, because my other one broke and the only pictures I had been taking were with my phone) so I hope to be taking more pictures this year! I'll post some soon of our trip to Tahoe/Truckee last weekend!

3 comments:

David said...

Glad to hear ya'll had a good time for Christmas. Your new place looks good decorated for the holidays and all the food looks delicious.

Acadian Accordion said...

Nice tree, Han!

lizhoweth said...

It looks like you guys had a GREAT Christmas! Very fun.